November 13, 2010

Vintage Drugstore Carnival: 'Lifebuoy Health Soap'... The soap of considerate people.
























"Peggy, did you catch a whiff of Fran?"

"Oh, my. I thought I smelled something, Helen. But, you know, I'm not the least bit surprised. The other day, we were at the supermarket together and I couldn't help noticing that she had some cheap, off-brand bath soap in her shopping cart..."

"Tsk, tsk. What some women won't do to save a few pennies!"


~ Image taken from the postcard book, "Just what the doctor ordered": Health and Grooming in the Classic Age of Advertising. Published by Prion Books Limited, London. ~

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love how accessorized those ladies are. You captured their possible conversation so perfectly. And yes, we ladies talk about soap quality all the TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jules!
    Yeah, Peg and Helen DO look dressed for the opera house, or something. They've pulled out all the stops! However, as we've all learned, you can dress up all perty-like, but if you don't bathe with the RIGHT soap, you're still gonna STINK like Fran!

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin' to say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails