October 31, 2010

Trick 'r Treat!



























"Boo", everyone!
Please, enjoy this gallery of happy Halloween hijinx...
if you dare!





I can hardly stand seeing this pic. Guess
I just don't have the stomach for it...
  






























What you can't see here is the small print
which reads, "Butcher knife sold separately."
  































Alright. As far as I'm concerned, these pumpkins
are sooo hideous that they're actually "cutting edge!"




























Holy crap! If these kids were walking down
MY street, I'd find me a baseball bat QUICK!































Nothing funny, here. I just like the soft
candlelight from the jack-o-lantern. Plus,
I think she's a pretty lady.







...And then eat ALL of their candy
once they've gone to bed!






Happy Halloween! And remember, don't open your front door if the Trick 'r Treaters are so tall you can see their eyes through the peep hole!


~ All images taken from Jim Heimann's book, 'Halloween: Vintage Holiday Graphics'. Published by Taschen. ~

4 comments:

  1. "Cutting edge" pumpkins! Har! ;)
    My favorite may be the scary troup marching down the street, the one you need your baseball bat for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lower-left "Cutting Edge" pumpkin looks positively vulgar.

    But yeah, I agree that that Jack-o-Lady is pretty too. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating candy corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.k...those images are going to give me nightmares. The scariest one is how big those candy bars are that she's handing out. Good lord! We bought a bag of "fun sized" snickers and there was nothing fun about it. I kid you not they are about the size of a dime. I ate at least 6 in one go and the Snickers still didn't satisfy. Total bull crap size.

    In other news I just saw you Match Game post (yeah, I'm late to the party). I left a comment there but I'm literally freaking out because I am more than a little obsessed with that show. I pray that one day I will be transported back to that set and get to hang with Brett and Charles. If there is a heaven I want to be seated with them.

    ..and the Monopoly gig? WOW! Now I can say I chat with a movie star!
    P.S....I was scanning the bookshelf and am in awe of your board game collection. If I'm ever in the area promise that if I bring plenty of libations we can have a board-game-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like that scary ragtag gang o' trick or treaters. I also like the sickly colors of the jack o'lanterns, which look like they could all be reanimated and formed into a killing team.
    The pretty lady is perty!

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin' to say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails