October 29, 2010

The Worst Album Covers Ever!: 'Marcy Sings to Children' by Marcy Tigner























Artist ~  Marcy Tigner
Title   ~   Marcy Sings to Children

                    Marcy Tigner was an aspiring gospel singer whose
                    career was stymied by her high, childlike voice. She
                    finally found fame after learning ventriloquism and
                    inventing her "Little Marcy" character. She released
                    dozens of records in the 1960s and '70s and was
                    wildly successful.


As far as I'm concerned, this is a perfect album to share this time of year! It's just so darn creepy, don't you think? There's something about that little doll singing on that little stage of hers... I know, I know, it's all supposed to be nice, innocent fun. But did you happen to notice the second song title on the first side of the record? It's 'When Mr. Satan Knocks At My Heart's Door', for corn sake! Now, if that doesn't at least seem creepy to you...


~  Image and info taken from the book, 'The Worst Album Covers Ever' by Nick DiFonzo. Published by Barnes & Noble, Inc. ~

2 comments:

  1. I agree - that really is creepy.

    I even searched youtube to hear her and as if to prove your point the first one that came up was Marcy Tigner - I Love Little Pussy.

    Owning a cat is obviously a sign of witchcraft, I mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is TOO funny, MoonDoggie!

    I am definitely running, not walking, to YouTube after this in order to check out, 'I Love Little Pussy'! For some reason it hadn't even occurred to me that I could go there and hear how her hideous, childlike, doll voice sounds. Thanks for the hot tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin' to say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails