August 25, 2010

Coming Attraction: NEW Annie Lennox album, 'A Christmas Cornucopia'




This November 22nd, 2010, Annie Lennox will be releasing her first Christmas album titled, 'A Christmas Cornucopia'. The album features Ms. Lennox's unique and personal interpretations of some of her favorite Christmas carols as well as a completely new, original composition entitled, 'Universal Child'.


Here's what Ms. Lennox had to say, regarding the album:

“I’m absolutely delighted to be working with Island Records on my upcoming recording,” stated Ms. Lennox. “This album is something I’ve wanted to do for many years. It’s a true labour of love, and I feel very fortunate to be in partnership with such a cutting edge team, especially when I’m at a stage in my creativity when I want to diversify, and pursue my passion in my own individual way. I’ve never been part of a “mold,” and Island are really supportive and appreciative of where I’m coming from. I want to make timeless music that people will love in many years to come...and I’d like to think that 'A Christmas Cornucopia' is going to be of those recordings.”

I don't know about you, but this is very exciting to me! After all, this takes both Annie and Christmastime, two of my favorite things, and rolls them into one! What's not to love about that?? I've long imagined the awesome possibilities for such a winning combination. Now, I'll finally get to see and hear it come true! This is very good news. Very good news, indeed!


~ Image and info via official Annie Lennox facebook page ~

5 comments:

  1. cool blog...I like Annie, didn't know about the album coming soon...Thank you!
    .-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of her! Annie's the bee's knees, no matter what she does. (Except for "Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves." I could've done without that.) I can't wait to see what traditional songs she uses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, you're most welcome, Joe's Blog!
    Thanks for checking out my circus, and for taking the time to leave me such a nice comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I thought 'Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves' was kinda fun, Tommy... Didn't Annie sing that with Aretha Franklin? Talk about a couple of powerhouse voices!

    I, too, am anxious to find out which traditional Christmas carols Annie chooses to sing. I hope that, at least, one of them is 'Carol of the Bells'. But I'll bet you're hoping for 'In the Bleak Midwinter', huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, "In the Bleak Midwinter" would be nice, but I also want to hear her sing, "I Saw Three Ships," and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen." :)
    (Aretha Franklin is NOT my cup of tea, thank you.)

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin' to say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails