June 4, 2011

I so WANT that!: The Nintendo 3DS





















My poor husband. All he's heard from me for weeks, now, is how much I want the new Nintendo 3DS portable video game system. And if it were reasonably priced I might have one by now, but, unfortunately, it is NOT! You know what the thing retails for? $250.00!! Yep, you read that right. Pretty crazy, huh? That's the kind of dough you'd normally pay for a major game console. All things considered, though, I think it might be worth it... Read on if you're interested in what this baby can do.

3D without glasses, dude! I don't know how they do it, but it truly is amazing! I tried it out at a Nintendo display in a local store and I was blown away. A cool thing about the 3D is that there's an adjuster switch so you can fix the intensity for what works best with your own eyes. Or the effect can even be turned off completely, if you prefer. Aaand the 3D madness doesn't end there. No! There's also 2 (two) built-in cameras on the outside of the unit for taking photos in 3D (possibly video, too, but that hasn't been confirmed). How cool is that? What I've described here only scratches the surface of everything Nintendo's latest toy actually does. So if you're at all interested, I strongly recommend checking one of these bad boys out in person at a retailer near you. No amount of description could possibly do it justice - you HAVE to experience it first-hand in order to really appreciate it!

Maybe I'll do a follow-up post if/when I get one of my very own. That way, after spending more time with one, I could give a more thorough and educated review. Hear that, Nintendo?

3 comments:

  1. Not wanting to burst your bubble but... apparently a load of people here in the UK had returned them because it was giving them headaches.

    Maybe they just weren't tough enough, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops! I was accidentally logged in as you. So I had to remove it so it wouldn't look like you have split-personality disorder. Anyway, what I was saying was that I have to admit even I thought the 3DS was pretty cool when I saw it in a store. I can see the appeal. But I can't think of anything I want that's $250! I usually just want books or art pens or glitter tape or a cool t-shirt or something. The video game industry totally has people's wallets by the balls. (or something like that)

    ReplyDelete

Got somethin' to say?

Related Posts with Thumbnails